The new SHR FLEX is a dynamic Frontal Head and Neck Protection [FHR] system with many technological advances. Design highlights include patent pending dynamic articulation of the collar, a rate responsive bump stop to manage peak neck tension loads as well as a stabilizing dual tether system and FLEXible form fitting lower legs to provide optimal fit and reduce interference with the seat.
The SHR FLEX has been designed with a low collar to be angle independent of your seating position. Pliable legs with a low-profile integrated padding system form-fit to your upper body and chest, providing class-leading stability and allows the belts to ride close to the body for enhanced harness performance. Eliminating the external padding systems used by other FHR systems means the SHR FLEX feels planted. There’s no disconcerting floating around feeling that something’s loose. And, it means that all it takes to cleaning the SHR FLEX is a simple rinse with warm water and wipe down.
In addition to advanced comfort design of the SHR FLEX the new device has been optimized with winglets on the upper collar and SCHROTH's patented SlipStop system on the lower legs to assist in belt retention for off-road and rally sport competitors, and during secondary impacts.
The SHR FLEX has been designed and tested for use with standard 3" racing belts as well as FHR specific 2" shoulder belts.
This product has undergone and passed SFI 38.1 which is a test standard evaluating the effectiveness of a Head and Neck Restraint [FHR] device. It utilizes a dummy seated in a frontal test sled accelerated at 68 G in order to generate high neck forces such as which may be found during an actual severe frontal crash. Neck tension/compression and the Neck Injury Criterion [Nij] are measured and evaluated against pre-determined injury threshold values. Two direct frontal [0deg] impacts and one side [30deg] impact are required for certification.
- Simple Sizing – only two sizes – Medium (up to 16 ½”) neck and Large. You can use a large even if your neck is smaller to give more room over a collar bone.
- Angle Independent – the small, low collar works perfectly with any seating angle and does not interfere with the seatback. The articulating collar rises in an impact to create the optimum tether angle. Perfect for drivers with multiple cars
- Load controlling “bump stop” – the legs are connect to the collar along with a unique bump stop that smooths out the initial tether loading and allows proper collar angle
- Floating Tether – the floating tether allows a full range of motion of the head to the left and right while also adding some side stability
- Flexible legs – the legs of the FLEX have the padding molded in eliminating the need for additional pads. This allows the belts to fit tight to the body and keeps the FLEX from moving under the belts
- Retention ears – the collar features extended vertical ears at the outside edge that help to keep your belts on the FLEX even in a secondary impact.
- Slip-Stop – mate your FLEX with SCHROTH Slip-Stop shoulder belts for intensive off road and rallye applications. Slip-Stop shoulder belts have a counter groove on the back of the belt that fits with groves on the top of the lower legs of the FLEX.
- Includes FLEX helmet posts that mount directly to the M6 nut in your helmet.
- SFI 38.1 Certified